Membership Qualification/Linking Badge
As part of initial membership requirements, talk to with your Scout Leader and Patrol Leader about the importance of caring for others and what is acceptable and not acceptable behavior at Scouts
1. Watch the Bullying it’s not part of Scouting You Tube Video and have a discussion with your leaders and parents about why Scouts do not bully.
2. Using the Scout Video discuss:
3. Discuss with your PL/ APL your troop’s Scout Code and how the Code applies to you and contribute to annual review of Troop Code and sign
1. Discuss as a patrol or troop your current Troop Code
2. Make a poster, video or skit on why people bully others,
1. Alone or in a group research the consequences of bullying and share your findings with the troop
Lead a Night Program including:
1. Activity or Game that demonstrates elements of the Scout Law and why bullying is not part of Scouting.
2. Lead discussion on current Troop Code and contribute to the annual review of Troop Code and sign
3. Discuss with your Troop effective strategies to prevent bullying. You may use a presentation, group discussion or information night.
Scout Leadership Course
Use the You Tube video and song to promote further understanding of the concepts of bullying and alternative actions.
Information for Scout Leaders and Patrol Leaders